The Russian Paralympic Committee held an Anti-Doping seminar in Aleksin (Tula Region) for the members of National Sport Teams of Russia in Para Ice Hockey and Sitting Volleyball.
The Seminar comprised the following topics:
- The World Anti-Doping Code;
- Categories of Anti-Doping Rule Violations;
- The Prohibited List of WADA, Therapeutic Use Exemptions of Methods and Substances in Sport;
- Doping Control Procedure, Rights and Obligations of Athletes;
- Providing whereabouts information into ADAMS;
- Investigation of any asserted anti-doping rules violations and rules of athletes’ accessibility for testing, consequences for athletes and athlete support personnel.
The Seminar was held in October 19 – 20, 2017 and was attended by 24 athletes.
Upon the feedback of the Seminar, 24 athletes were tested and granted with the certificates.
The presentation of anti-doping program was held on August 19, 2017 in the house of Paralympic Sport with participation of an independent international WADA-appointed expert, who is currently working in Russia in order to assist RUSADA to regain its WADA’s Code-compliance status – Mr. Peter-Richard Nicholson, leaders and representatives of National Paralympic Committees, International Wheelchair and Amputee Sport Federation (IWAS).
In order to implement the RPC Educational Anti-doping program, the RPC is determined to educate more than 2,5 thousands Russian athletes, coaches and specialists of National Sport Teams of Russia. To achieve this goal, the RPC in conjunction with WADA international experts and RUSADA specialists have prepared 15 speakers. In order to establish an open environment with a zero-tolerance to doping and to preserve the integrity of clean sport, the RPC has produced a special propaganda attributes, on the second of edition of “Paralympic sport” magazine, published a reference information on athletes’ anti-doping procurement, RPC “hotline”, examination of medical substances, the RUSADA e-learning educational platform and special crossword to check your knowledge in anti-doping.