December 24, 2019, Moscow - At RPC Governing Board meeting with the participation of athletes and coaches of national teams, the recommendations of the RUSADA Supervisory Board dated December 19, 2019 were considered.
THE PARALIMPIAN COMMITTEE OF RUSSIA HAS ADOPTED THE FOLLOWING DECISIONS:
1. Approve the recommendations of the RUSADA Supervisory Board dated December 19, 2019 on disagreement with the decision of the Executive Committee of the World Anti-Doping Agency of December 9, 2019, which supported the recommendation of the WADA Compliance Committee (CRC) to recognize RUSADA as non-compliant with the Code, the consequences of such non-compliance and conditions for the reinstatement of RUSADA status.
2. Authorize the RPC President Vladimir Lukin to take part in the meeting of the founders of RUSADA, which will be held on December 24, 2019 and to inform the extraordinary General Meeting of the founders of RUSADA on the position of the RPC Governing Board.
3. Inform the members of the RPC Governing Board about the results of the extraordinary General Meeting of the founders of RUSADA.
4. Due to the fact that the decision of the WADA Executive Committee dated December 9, 2019 directly affects the rights and interests of the Russian Paralympic Committee and its representatives, to enter into a dispute between WADA and the RUSADA as an interested party (third party) in the manner and within deadlines provided by the World Anti-Doping Code and the Wada International Standard For Code Compliance By Signatories. In the first quarter of 2020, the RPC Governing Board will discuss proposals on a law firm with positive judicial experience in the field of international sports law, to represent the interests of the RPC in judicial sports arbitration in the CAS.
5. During the meeting, members of the RPC Governing Board approved the winners of the XIV Solemn Ceremony of the RPC Return to Life Award, which will be held February 27, 2020 in Khanty-Mansiysk as part of the All-Russian Forum on the Development of the Paralympic Movement in Russia.