The Secretary General of the Russian Paralympic Committee, the President of the Russian Federation of Sports for Persons with Physical Impairments, 5-times Paralympic Games Champion, Andrey Strokin, took part in the Round Table on "The Connecting Force of Football and the Society's Attitude to Participation of People with limited physical abilities in big sport and in everyday life - the experience of Russia and Germany and the prospects for cooperation." The roundtable was attended by the President of the Disabled Sports Federation of St. Petersburg, the Chairman of the Regional Branch of the RPC in St. Petersburg - Sergey Gutnikov, international experts in the field of football for disabled.
Andrei Strokin also took part in the International Social and Cultural Festival of Sport without Borders - "There is a contact!".
The festival was held in the format of a sport holiday for all. He united in one place a diversity of recreational activities and areas with various kind of adaptive sports.
Also in the program:
• International football tournament for the blind people. The tournament was attended by teams from Russia, Germany and Belgium. At the end of the tournament the first place was won by the team of Germany, the second by Belgium, the third by Russia.
• Kanis-therapy and a zone of recreational games of all countries of the world
• Extreme-zone (wheelchair motocross) with the participation of St. Petersburg's first extreme athlete - N.N. Deniskin, demonstration performances and master classes on skateboarding, BMX, rollers and scooter)
• Interactive Reading Room
• Simultaneous chess games with the participation of the international masters of St. Petersburg
• Showcase performances and master classes of various sports (rowing, tennis, basketball, bocce, badminton).
The charity fund for the development of disabled sports "The Point of Support" (www.fondopora.ru), which invited Paralympians to conduct sports master-classes on boccia, table tennis, novus (sea billiards), para badminton, wheelchair tennis, showcase performances on wheelchair basketball and extreme cross-country on wheelchairs. Everyone was able to try these sports without limits in terms of age and physical abilities. There was also an opportunity to get a free consultation of a sports psychologist and find out the contacts of coaches and addresses of sports sections for people with disabilities.
Press Service of the Russian Paralympic Committee