PRESIDENT OF RUSSIAN PARALYMPIC COMMITTEE
Vladimir Lukin was born on July 13, 1937 in Omsk. In 1959 Mr. Lukin graduated from the Moscow State Pedagogical Institute, Dr. of History, Professor.
· 1959-60 he worked as research officer of State Historical Museum of the USSR, 1960-61 – Museum of Revolution of the USSR.
· 1961-64 – postgraduate in Institute of World Economy and International Relations (IMEMO)of the Russian Academy of Science, 1964-65 – research officer of the IMEMO.
· 1965-68 – senior secretary of Czechoslovak editors office of “Problems of World and Socialism” magazine
1968-68 – head of Far East Policy Sector of Institute of USA and Canada of the Russian Academy of Science
· 1987-89 – Head of Department of Pacific and Southeastern Asian Countries of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the USSR.
· 1989 – deputy head of Department of Assessment and Planning of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the USSR.
· 1989-90 – head of analytics and forecasting panel of Secretariat of Supreme Soviet of the USSR.
· 1990 elected as people’s deputy of RSFSR at the 9th Podolsk National Territorial District (Moscow Region), run for “Democratic Russia”. At the suggestion of Valentin Fedorov he was elected as member of Supreme Soviet of the USSR under quota of Sakhalin. Member of Constitutional Commission.
· In June 1990 he was elected the Chairman of International Relation Committee of Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR. Work on preparation of new international agreements with former Soviet republics. At the beginning of the 1992 his Committee raised a question about status of Crimean peninsula.
· February 1992 – September 1993 – Russian Ambassador to the United Stated of America.
· From May 1992 he was permanent observer of Russia at the Organization of American States (OAS). Co-Chairman of Friendship Society “USSR-India”
· In 1991 was Chairman of Soviet National Committee on Asian Pacific Cooperation. During the First election campaign for State Duma together with G. Yavlinskiy and Y. Boldyrev headed election cooperation (Yavlinsky-Boldyrev-Lukin”. After victory, he entered the “Yabloko” Party and chaired International Relations Committee of State Duma.
· December 17, 1995 he was elected as deputy of the 2nd State Duma, Yabloko List. Head of International Relations Committee of State Duma.
· December 19, 1999 he was elected as deputy of the 3rd State Duma, Yabloko List. Member of the Committee on non-governmental organizations and religious organizations, vice-speaker of State Duma.
· At February 2004 President Vladimir Putin nominated Vladimir Lukin for Ombudsman of the Russia. On 13 February, 2004, he was approved for its position by State Duma.
· At January 2009 President Dmitry Medvedev again nominated Vladimir Lukin for Ombudsman of the Russia. State Duma approved him for its position.
· Unanimously was elected as President of the Russian Paralympic Committee in 1997, 2002, 2006, 2010, 2014.
· In 2016 he was appointed as member of Federal Council of the Federal Assembly of Russia from Tver Region.
· Speaks fluently English, French and Spanish.
· He is awarded by Order “For Merit to the Fatherland” 3rd class (2014), Order “For Merit to the Fatherland” 4th class (1998), Order of the Badge of Honor, Medal “For the Merit to the Chechen Republic” (2007), Certificate of Gratitude of the President of Russian Federation (1997), Certificate of Gratitude of the President of Russian Federation (2003), Medal of Nikolay Ozerov for propaganda of physical culture and sport (2016).